Monday, June 8, 2009

1 Month Out

So, It has been 1 month and 2 days since surgery. And I have had my ups and downs.
Headaches are still there, some days are better then others. But I am off my Diamox med and things have been going pretty good. The headaches without diamox are manageable.

Today is was my first follow up appt with my Dr. and he gave me a what is called a fill today.
I have a 11cc band (meaning it will hold 11cc's of fluid) after surgery there was no fluid in the band so they added 5 cc's of fluid today. I am have more restriction today. What this means is when I eat now it sits in my small stomach longer and keeps me full for longer periods of time.

The fill went pretty good. I was starving before I went in for the fill today.. Needless to say I was looking forward to getting the fill and having that restriction again. And after having the fill I fill that restriction again. I had some tuna fish for lunch today and before I could eat 4 oz of food and still feel hungry today I had 1 oz of tuna and I was full. So it looks like it is working.

The process was not to bad, but I can't lie there was some pain more then I thought there would be when my Dr. put the needle in to find the port. The needle was really long and thin and once he finally found the port fill spot it went really fast.. But the poking around and missing was painful can't lie.

Well I thought I would post some before and after images these are 1 month out. The images are not the best but it gives you some Idea of what kind of progress I am doing. I know I am wearing black. But I wanted to have the same pants and color from the before. next month I will try to change it up... My family says I am doing really good. And that they can see such a difference, But I am still struggling with not seeing much success.. I do feel the clothes being looser, and I do see some difference but, in my eyes I wish there was more of a difference and more success.
But here is the pictures... Keep In Mind I still have my Lupus and so my skin is always going to be red with sores. It sucks.. I can only wish that the Lupus would go away with all this..



Here is close up of my face, the before picture on this one was the night before surgery, and I promise going forward I will smile more in my pictures. But for now I have a solemn face. I always have a headache so my skin shows that all the time..Steve always uses it as his gauge to how bad my headaches are.. Like, ok she is only slightly red today, or oh she is fire engine red better watch out. : )



No comments:

Post a Comment