Monday, May 11, 2009

Surgery Day - May 6th 2009

Well I know that it is past my surgery day, but I wanted to just jounal how that say went.

We were to be at LDS Hospital by 5:30 am in the morning, That was a shock when the alarm went off at 4:30.. I didnt feel nervous I was really calm. I had received a blessing the night before and I knew it help with my nerves that morning. I got checked in and they took me back to be weighed I had lost 12 pounds during the pre-op diet..Whoo Hoo I was so excited I wasnt sure what I had lost but I knew I felt a little bit of a differance in my clothes.

After that I went to the surgery prep room, where they went over the surgery and medical history..Can I just say I know that it has to be done, but I have never repeated my self more than that day, it was like 20 questions played 3 or 4 times, administered by differant people. Anyway they started my IV and took a bunch of blood and then they gave me a heprin shot. (that hurt so bad, when they tell you it will feel like a little bee sting they are lying) I have a huge bruise from that little bee sting. : 0

I then did the 10 question and answer with the surgucal nurse and anesthesiologist. They were a bit bugged I think since I have med allergies, Even the Doctor came over and teased me, saying "ok if I had known you had all these allergies we would have ordered a new DR" he laughed as I did to and then we were on our way to the operating room. it was about 7:30 am ....

All I remember was moving over to the table and then I was out.

I woke up in the recovery room around 9:30am and was in my Room by 10 am, I felt pretty good they wouldnt let me drink anything yet they said I needed to wait an hour or so. But I had so much IV fluids going through me I had to go to the bathroom really bad, So I got up and went to the bathroom about 45 mins after surgery. When I went to the sink to wash my hands I noticed that I felt a wetness down my legs and I thought I wet on my self....But I looked in the mirror and noticed that there was some blood on the front of my gown so I lifted my gown and I was bleeding out on my large incision. I called for Steve and he helped me to the bed and put pressure on it and then called the nurse in. They were able to get it to stop and also clean it all up but I wasnt able to get up after that for a while. : )

I was doing pretty good, but was having some problems with my oxegyn it would not stay above 90 so they increased my oxegyn and said I had to stay the night instead of going home that day.
I was sipping water pretty good, and for dinner I had a tsp of Jello and 1blsp of beef broth.
I had a reastless night and was awaiting the release to get home and be able to sleep in my bed and be with my kids.

The Morning came and I was excited to go home. I got home around 11:30 am and was able to rest for the rest of the day. I was still doing pretty good on sipping water, eating slowly my Sugar free jello and chicken broth that Steve made me.

Love, Karianne

1 comment:

  1. That's a little scary about the bleeding but I'm glad it has all worked out OK. What a momentous day that was!